Sunday, March 30, 2008

"That's not mint green. That's the pastel that mint green threw up into a bucket of white paint!"

Ahh yes, the above quote was so brilliantly stated by my wonderful husband this last week. Paints quite the picture doesn't it? He was talking about a truck we were passing at lunch time. It was a good laugh on a day when emotions ran high at work...and it's still three weeks from taxes due! I love my husband. He makes me laugh so much. For example, for about the last week, the CD player has been broken. Not loving the Christian radio station out here, we actually have been just enjoying our car rides together since there are very few places we go that we aren't together. So, we talk or just enjoy looking around us at what's passing by. Well, today, we started singing at the top of our lungs Falling by Alicia Keys, and not well. Passing by us, you would probably have thought that we really had the radio blaring, but we didn't. It's times like that that I know I married the right person for me. He doesn't look at me like I'm nuts, he just does it with me. I think he still thinks I'm crazy, but I choose to believe he loves it. Well, that's my ode to my husband for today.

I've been thinking about kids a lot lately, surprise surprise. I'm not pregnant, but many around me are. My friend in Minnesota is having twins! That's a little much for me right now, but she'll handle it like a pro. She's a great mom and a good example for me. Sometimes I wish we were closer to having children, but I have really enjoyed these last almost three years with my husband. When we got married, everyone said, wait a while to have children, and I was like, Ben and I have been together for 3 1/2 years, we don't need more time just the two of us. But I have actually really loved these years. I know that I will love kids when they come too, but for now I'm content to just sing loudly in the car with my husband, stretching him to be a little crazier and him reigning me in some. Probably preparing both of us to be more ready for children when they do come.

No comments: