Saturday, March 15, 2008

The wife of a Politician

Well, I sit this morning home alone. This is not necessarily a bad thing, some people like time away from their spouse every once and a while. Most think Ben and I are crazy because we work together. It's amazing how many people at work say they could never spend so much time with their spouse, but it works for Ben and me. Besides, when we're at work, even though we only sit about 10 feet away from each other, we really don't interact much. Anyway, Ben ran off this morning to spend the day as a delegate to the Democratic party. He is voting for Obama in the county...thing...I don't really know the specifics of what it's call, all I know is that when Ben when to the Primary to vote, he volunteered to be a delegate. Now, he goes to a county voting and from these people, delegates will be chosen to go to the State voting and from there the National voting with the Super Delegates. Random side note, he just text messaged me and called it the county caucus, so just pretend I just said caucus instead of voting throughout this last few sentences...I guess I really need to learn these things better if Ben is going to get into this. Gotta say, when I married him, I never thought I would be preparing myself to be the wife of a politician. Maybe I should have seen it coming, but in my defense, he said nothing of this desire before we got married. About a month later he started talking about it though, and now all I know is that his goal is to someday be a Senator! I'm not so sure how I feel about it all yet, but I know that God is in control and that's all that matters. I know Ben will be amazing in this capacity, but me, a senator's wife?? I guess we'll see.

Other than all this, life is good. It's great actually! I love my job. I have fun co-workers that keep my day interesting (in a good way) and lots of work to do which makes the days go quickly. I'm working around 50 hour work weeks through the tax season, but hey, yeah for extra income right? Home is good, I have the cutest two dogs in the world, Chiquita our Min Pin/Chihauhau/other, and Mashugah, our actual chihauhau. My family is doing well, Josh and Christy are in the process of buying a house and my parents recently made a huge change making them a missionaries! Anyway, what will I do with my day? Now that is the question...I'll first decide if I'm getting out of bed and go from there!! :)

No comments: